Welcome to NAHS's regular Teacher Feature!
One hundred and sixty one @NazNestNews Twitter followers voted for Ms. Ochse as the teacher you'd like to learn more about first. Here's what she had to say!
1. Which time period would you choose to be a teenager in? Why?
I was a teenager in the 1990s and had a great experience. Title IX had been established for years, so my gender would not hold me back from all the education and athletic opportunities I was able to enjoy. Also, in the 90s, when we went to school and hung out with friends, we weren’t glued to our phones. I think we developed better relationships and were more focused on enjoying the moment. We didn’t have to waste time creating a cool online presence or worry about how many likes we would get.
2. What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Be specific!
The French toast croissant with berry compote topping from the People’s Kitchen in Bethlehem
3. If you could do something with one dead person from history, what would you do and who would you do it with?
I’ve always admired those who campaign to bring about social change. I would want to experience getting arrested with Alice Paul and Lucy Burns while fighting for a constitutional amendment to give women the right to vote.
4. What was your favorite thing about high school?
I loved game day! I received varsity letters in four sports while in high school. I loved to compete and cherish the bonds that I created with my teammates. Many of my high school teammates are still my closest friends today.
5. What is one place you want to visit in your lifetime and why?
I’ve always had Hawaii on my bucket list with a pit stop somewhere in California. Warm weather, beaches, natural parks, rainforests, waterfalls, fresh pineapple- sounds like a great place to visit.
6. Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl?
I will be rooting for the Eagles to win. Philly needs a championship!
7. If you had a movie about your life, what genre would it be, and who would star in it as you?
A documentary starring me. It’s probably a show that only my mother would love.
Questions created by News From the Nest Editorial Staff
Trinity Wambold initiated this interview